Author Topic: introduction - New member to site  (Read 5193 times)

hidals

introduction - New member to site
« on: May 23, 2018, 02:47:36 PM »
Hello,
My name is Sigfredo (Fred). I grew up attending Church buildings that my mother attended, but there was a time in my adolescent years thru my young adult years when I departed from Church and was out in the world. It was thru much disobedience and in my pride that I faced many difficult times of pain and hurt as a result of my sin, (fornication, addictions, selfishness, ETC.) to the point where I faced situations that would have led to my death. I realize now that the LORD kept me from those outcomes and called me to return to him. Since my repentance of the worldly life and self seeking attitude, I have come to know how good the LORD is. JESUS CHRIST has freed me from bondage of sin and has delivered me from his wrath to come. I continually seek for the Knowledge of the Truth, the Apprehension of the Truth by Faith-believing the Truth, the Joy in the Truth and Obedience of the Truth. In that seeking and by much prayer the LORD has led me to find this site and I'm thankful for his faithfulness. I have read several articles and the one that spoke to my current situation was " Is the one Pastor Church biblical?" See recently I had to leave the Church building I was attending for more than 15yrs, when I started to notice new age heresies and blasphemy that were taking place at the worship services. I questioned the so-called pastor about it and presented Scripture. I asked him to sit down with me a explain this to me but he refused, He became very aggressive and resorted to name calling. He stated that I was self righteous, and legalistic, but would not agree to explain, said he didn't have time for that. I felt betrayed and disregarded. He Actually said "where would I go" As if there was no other Church for me. Since that confrontation, I realized that the whole time I had been at that congregation, my family and I were being deceived and I'm in a real dilemma. My Wife is also caught up in this deception and has communicated that she does not want to leave the congregation and will continue to attend. This has been one of the most trying times in my life, and I need prayers from loyal GOD fearing brethren. I have confidence that the LORD will carry me thru this, as he has given me peace in the storm. I understand that he has called me to LOVE my Wife, to wait on him, and not to lean on my own understanding. According to Romans 8 27-28 GOD causes all thing to work together for good for those that LOVE him.  I am thankful to GOD that since this has happened it has only propelled me to keeping him closer that I ever had in my Life. As I continue to seek him, I continue to learn who he is and he is conforming me to Christ likeness, but I know it's important for me to have fellowship with the brethren and I'm looking to find that here. Thank You -Grace and Peace and please keep me in your prayers. 

Suelong88

Re: introduction - New member to site
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 03:01:22 PM »
Welcome to the forum Fred!

Many of us here have had similar experiences with churches.  I'm a singer and I found that the music wasn't appealing to me anymore.  It was because most of the songs that they would sing had no real biblical foundation.  And my soul was yearning for more.  I've tried to have conversations with that pastor, but he really didn't want to be shown in the bible where he was in error.  So I've stopped trying.  And I've stopped going to that church. 

I completely understand about your family.  My kids and my husband agree with some of the things that I say about the teaching and music at that church, but they are so involved in the youth ministry and other things that they are not ready to leave.  When I was attending we would talk about the songs and the lyrics and how they weren't really leading anyone to Christ.  I would also show in the bible how some of the things the pastor preached didn't align with what Christ preached.  My husband always has a comeback...maybe he meant this, etc., etc.  But I say, he may have meant that, but that is NOT what he said.  And people just eat it up like it's the gospel truth.  So I've stopped going. 

I'll be praying that your wife's eyes will be opened to the Truth of His Word!

Sue

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 04:02:30 PM »
Yes, Welcome Fred, and thank you for sharing your testimony.

It truly is painful to watch our loved ones being deceived.
I, too, will be praying your wife and family will have their eyes opened to the Truth.

We are thankful that God has shown you CLE.  You have found a good group of people here, who also just seek to learn God's Truth.

Dee

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 12:03:30 AM »
Well written introduction. I, and many others in our church, understand completely what you're going through.
Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;
-Heb 11:25
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

hidals

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 09:23:42 AM »
Thank you all and I look forward to learn more of what the Holy Spirit reveals, thru his power and might!

Masha

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 04:23:57 PM »
Hello Fred, indeed I also recognize the dilemma and crisis you are in. Stay focused on Jesus and trust the Truth to prevail. Prayer is the best instrument to help deceived loved ones to open their eyes, when rebuke and reasoning are to none effect. Don't be afraid to be the leader in your home. God gave you that position. Have faith God will hear and answer your prayers in His time and manner. I will pray for you and yours.
May the Lord be nigh unto you all.
Masha
and welcome to the forum!

hidals

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 06:44:38 PM »
Thank you Masha, I’ve come to understand only by the Holy Spirit, that I was in disobedience by not being that Spiritual leader that GOD calls all husbands to be. It has been very hard as now my wife has brought a strong opposition and has even threatened me with “divorce”, but I know that if GOD is faithful and I am holding on to his promises. Some days the enemy’s attacks are so much that I don’t think I can handle this, and then the Spirit of GOD reminds me all he gave for me, and it’s so much more. Nothing in this life can ever compare to the Passion of Jesus Christ for us! I must LOVE the LORD with all my heart, and soul. I must walk in all his ways and cleave unto him. I am thankful for is mercy and grace. All GLORY to the Father through his Son YAHUSHUA HAMASHIACH- JESUS CHRIST! AMEN!!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 07:07:32 PM by hidals »

ThomasHGW

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 16
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Thomas
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 08:36:36 PM »
Hi Fred, I'm interested to know why you are referring to the Son in hebrew name and english name which came from the greek? is there a particular reason why you do this?
You're situation is unfortunate and you seem to be on point with what you believe however I'm curious as to why you refer to him in both hebrew and greek at the same time.
We have a preserved Word of God in english that we can read and don't have to learn ancient hebrew names and refer to him by those names.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 08:39:59 PM by ThomasHGW »
The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.   -Psalms 119:72

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 04:29:06 AM »
Fred, I can truly empathise with your situation and I pray that you will stay strong in the Lord no matter what happens. Another member of the forum here knows first hand exactly what you are going through as he lost his wife and children a number of years ago to a 'church' that tried to usurp his position in his family. Of course, he was branded as the one in the wrong for defying the 'authority' of the 'pastor'.

You might want to remind your wife that YOU, not the pastor was given authority and the spiritual head of your household. You might also want to remind her of Ephesians 5:

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. 25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26 that he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27 that he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. 28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 04:10:23 PM »
Fred, I can truly empathise with your situation and I pray that you will stay strong in the Lord no matter what happens. Another member of the forum here knows first hand exactly what you are going through as he lost his wife and children a number of years ago to a 'church' that tried to usurp his position in his family. Of course, he was branded as the one in the wrong for defying the 'authority' of the 'pastor'.

Hi Fred.  That person Jeanne is referring to is me, Kevin.

Not only that they "tried" to usurp my authority in my family but rather they continually DID usurp my authority over my family to protect and care for them.  Today neither of my children are Christians and my ex-wife definitely isn't a Christian and I realised within a short time that she never was. 

They shall all get their reward for everything they have said and done unless they come to repentance.  Quite a fitting comment at such a time when Chris is doing teachings on the subject. 

The church buildings are full to the brim with false Christians who are only there to feel good about themselves.

Rgrds
Kevin
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 04:14:17 PM »
I should add that my "children" are now 28 & 26 yrs old.  I actually haven't even seen them for nearing on 11 years and have only even seen them a few times since they were in their early teens.  I live with the hope that one day they will see that feminism is one of the evils of this world and will see the damage that it has caused in their lives and that there is absolutely no place for feminism in God's church.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

hidals

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2018, 08:55:59 AM »
It is a very delicate matter, (Proverbs 27: 15). Continually in prayer asking the LORD for wisdom about how I speak to my spouse during times of conflict-especially when I'm tired or upset. To never sin in my anger, and to know when to speak and when to remain silent (Psalms 4:4). Also, thankful for the LORD'S faithfulness and Peace! Your prayers are much appreciated. I will be still and wait on the LORD!

BTW, to answer ThomasHGW's question, Its a personal choice which has come from my own journey with GOD. I choose to speak and address my GOD by his ancient name. He is the Ancient of days! (Daniel 7:22) that's all!