Author Topic: The Lord appearance to Abraham!!  (Read 2301 times)

Jephte21

The Lord appearance to Abraham!!
« on: May 05, 2018, 09:52:47 PM »
Hi Chris,

I have read your article on the Trinity and wonder if you understand why the Bible says that no man hath seen God at anytime while Abraham behold God in three person in Genesis.

Genesis 18 King James Version (KJV)

18 And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;

2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,

3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:

Is it because God appear to him in the flesh and no man hath seen God in the Spirit. That's why the Scripture said no man hath seen God. Am I correct on that??

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: The Lord appearance to Abraham!!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 08:43:40 AM »
You are correct sir.
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
-John 4:24

No man has seen the face of God's Spirit.

Just to clarify, I did say it's possible that God was in three persons visiting Abraham; not conclusive. It does not say that specifically. There are some people who believe they were two angels with him, but the Bible doesn't say that specifically either. I simply based what I wrote on how the Bible is written in that passage.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Severius Brandusa

Re: The Lord appearance to Abraham!!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 10:53:25 PM »
I personally believe that the two men beside the preincarnate, premanifest Christ were angels who also had taken the form of men by the will of the LORD God. I base this belief on the fact that God the Father Himself is a Spirit and therefore so is His Holy Ghost (as Christopher mentioned) meaning that it would only make sense in Biblical context that it was His Word who made an appearance to Abraham (nonetheless still God, seeing that He is the Word of God). Also, this would give another insight as to the meaning (or, at the very least, symbolic reason) for the "cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat" of the Ark of the Covenant.