Author Topic: Observing "Mother's Day"  (Read 1522 times)

Offline ericmonge84345

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: -1
    • View Profile
    • My E-folio
  • First Name: Eric
  • Belief: Christianity
Observing "Mother's Day"
« on: May 08, 2016, 04:27:35 PM »
Galatians 4:
9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

11  I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

I over-looked my "mother's pride day" as any normal day. She acted disappointed as if I didn't care about her (I don't care for the prideful spirit). I would rather forget these holidays even exist and recite these verses to any woman who prides themselves in being a mother one more year of their lives.

Please add any other verse of scripture you know correlate with pagan tradition. May God bless you all and stand firm in the Christian faith.
Let us start a new day!

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 38
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: Observing "Mother's Day"
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 07:02:02 PM »
I don't know that I can give you any, but I am also firmly against mother's/father's day. It's not only an issue of building the pride of people, but also an obligation. Whatever is done for a parent on these particular days could be done any other day of the year. Why is it that people only choose to do for others on one particular day? In addition to that, how can you give in love when you're pressured into fear if you don't give?

The bottom line is that this is still observing days, as the pagans would do. I've only done research into the mother's/father's day very briefly, and nothing I was finding sounded satisfactory, and I was getting mixed answers depending on who was writing. Usually, when I see the mixed answers, or a standard that's repeated off of one website (like wikipedia) there's usually something pagan behind it, even if I can't see it yet.

No matter what topic we want to discuss, here's the bottom line: Show me anywhere in Scripture where these days are recognized or observed by the Christian church. If we can't find any Scripture for that, then there's something else going on behind why people are doing this by tradition today.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline Hwkmn05

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL1) Novice
  • Edification: 2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: John
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 04:51:39 PM »
Chris, I am absolutely in complete agreement with you about mothers/fathers day or any other day as a special day to be observed. Without checking on all these "holi days", I can guarantee 100% of them are rooted in paganism, catholicism or some mythology from the world. There are some cults such as Jehovah witnesses who also refuse to celebrate most of these and I think that has kept some well meaning Christians from rebuking these days for fear of being identified with them. Of course that is fearing man and respecting persons. This day also excludes those women who are not mothers whether married or single, and love and serve the Lord Jesus with their whole heart.

Offline ericmonge84345

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
    • View Profile
    • My E-folio
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 04:09:55 PM »
Jeremiah 10:2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

I have to also deny myself and be humble before the Lord Jesus Christ and follow his commandments before all things, not taking his word for granted: I will forsake my own birthday and am sorry for making celebrations of it like the heathen do.

Proverbs 11:2 When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.

Let us start a new day!

Offline Masha

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL3) Commoner
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Masha
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 02:44:56 PM »
I believe I have read that mothers day was initiated by adolf hitler, to promote arian women to have a lot of offspring. I also heard that it was all started by some methodist church. Anyway it is not a Christian thing.
Im sure if you do research on it you will find out it has heathen or even occult origin.

Offline mndeb

• (LVL0) Newly Registered
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: deb
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 02:03:45 PM »
With all that I am learning about - I see how we have all fallen so blindly into the "world's" ways it makes me want to move to a farm in the middle of nowhere and cut myself off from the world.  I am new to this site and have a deep conviction from God to seek the truth, which is why he led me to CLE.  However, it is overwhelming and my mind races to want to know and learn everything; I find I am all over the place with readings and teachings.  Trying very hard to absorb the truth and figuring out the application of applying it.

Offline ericmonge84345

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
    • View Profile
    • My E-folio
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 12:18:59 PM »
I am glad for the replies... plus this falls under the category of "observing days" and praising men instead of praising God.
There's potential for an online discussion to "hit the nail hard on the head" but we still need to determine that, i myself cant help make up my mind.
Let us start a new day!

Offline Suelong88

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL2) Sojourner
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Susan
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 11:37:08 AM »
It's all just a marketing gimmick.  Like Chris said, what makes the one day so special. You're a mother/father every day if you have children.