Author Topic: (REQUEST) I Would Like To Have a Logo For Our Website  (Read 3166 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 456
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
(REQUEST) I Would Like To Have a Logo For Our Website
« on: May 11, 2020, 02:44:03 PM »
I have thought about this a lot, and I have never been very creative when it comes to graphical stuff, especially when it comes to branding and logos. I have attempted some stuff in the past, but nothing was ever very good. I don't know if there is anyone out there with the graphical creativity and know-how to get it done, but I want to have a logo for Creation Liberty Evangelism; something I can put on our website, books, and videos.

I want to use the initials "CLE," but I have no idea what I want it to look like. Basically, if someone makes something I think is good, I'll use it. I don't really care to theme it around dinosaurs anymore, and I would rather just have it around a Bible theme in general. Even if someone just makes something creative out of the letters, that would be good enough I suppose. If someone makes something like that, there is no guarantee I will use it, but I want something that will generally match the themes on the website, and the more sizes and varieties I have to choose from, the easier it will be for me to make a decision because the renovations to include a logo on everything is a lot of work, and I don't want to have to do all that work twice.

If anyone comes up with anything and wants to volunteer their time to work on it, I would appreciate it. If not, that's okay. It's not something that is necessary for this ministry, but it is something I would like to use to help create consistency across all our materials that would be easily recognizable by the public.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 23
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
Re: (REQUEST) I Would Like To Have a Logo For Our Website
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 04:43:41 PM »
When I read this I came up with a few ideas. There will also come other problems like just about any image that is used for the logo can be twisted in such a way someone can say it is pagan. So a lot of ideas have to be throw out. So if all possible try to stay away from images of things. 

Here is one a book open on one had it say thy word be truth and on other half cle.

How about a closed book and the title say holy bible and on the bottom corner where people put there names it say cle

coteluke

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 11:23:43 PM »
Came up with this

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 01:22:09 PM »
Thank you for the thoughts, however, this will not work for what I need. Perhaps this was my fault because I was not specific enough about what I was looking for. This is a list of examples for popular logos and what they look like:
https://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/media/img/posts/2015/06/mlogos_copy/e16faa69d.jpg
This is a bunch of designs that were to represent the word 'Metro' for a logo for a city transit system, and these are simple enough that they could be adapted to a lot things (e.g. signs, documents, etc), while at the same time, unique enough that they are instantly recognized.

The logo that was presented by Luke was something that not only could I have created myself very quickly, but it is also very similar to something I have created in the past, but chose not to use. This is a something I have worked on in my mind for years, but have not come up with anything because what I am looking for is essentially something like the logos you see in the image link I listed above. It does not have to be like those, but a similar concept. I am going to be using this, not just on the website, but on books, YouTube thumbnails, browser tab images, and more. The logo Luke presented is not adaptable enough to be able to be used in a wide variety of ways, and so I need something more concise. I hope the example will help portray my goal more clearly.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 08:44:51 AM »
I believe "stylised lettering" is the popular term for what Chris is looking for.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2020, 03:20:47 PM »
I did some more research and I found a website that offers a service to have your logo designed by their team. They have some auto-created logos based on the name of the business and keywords, so I tried it out, and I selected nine that I liked:
https://www.brandcrowd.com/maker/social/myshortlist/p4wa4mabyn9ahb18ngxzbgsg4y

Of course, none of these are exactly what I'm looking for, but they are close. I think, with a bit of editing, I might be able to make my own design from these samples. I'm not good at coming up with ideas, so this site was a real help, and I would like to know which ones you all like.

Personally, I like the sword/pencil combination, and I would like to combine that with a circular or book-shaped logo with the "CLE" letters in it. I might be able to do something like that. Let me know what you guys like so I can analyze your feedback and come up with a good design.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2020, 04:17:11 PM »
I would like the Green Letter Floral Emblem if it were not so thin and delicate, but more bold, heavy and manly. Maybe with Gothic lettering. And instead of leaves change those into a sword on the one side and a pen or pencil on the other side. And then put that on top of a book with the obligatory red ribbon poking out of the bottom.
Basically, make it completely different. :D
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 09:15:12 AM »
Lorraine and I are going to work on a sketch, and we will come up with a design that works. Once we get something we both like and agree on, I'm going to do a small amount of redesign on the website to implement it.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 23
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 05:30:50 PM »
Instead of a pencil how about a dip pen like the ones that would of been used in the 16th century

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 153
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 06:35:29 PM »
Instead of a pencil how about a dip pen like the ones that would of been used in the 16th century

In the 16th century?  We used dip pens when I was at primary school and all of the school desks still either had the ink wells with the dried ink in them or at least the hole for the ink well still in them right up until I was at high school.  At primary school, when you got good enough at doing writing with the dip pen then you were allowed to begin using a fountain pen.

Looking back, it has been such a short span of time we have gone from such primitive writing tools to having computers and even the internet.

And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)