Author Topic: (WEEKLY TEACHING) The Biblical Understanding of Weddings & Marriage p9  (Read 2151 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 456
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian

In part 9, we go over the verses about divorce and remarriage, and that even though divorce is unlawful, as with other laws in Scripture, there are exceptions to protect the innocent.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

shaanphillips@gmail.com

Hiii! I have been following your teaching on Biblical marriage and I am very blessed for the part of it. However, the 9th part have been little challenge. My first concern is regarding 1 Corinthians 7:39 (1) I wonder if you took this verse in consideration. (2) when reading the Bible it seems like the sin of fornication is attributed to unmarried or single persons and adultery is always attributed to married couples. 1 Corinthians 5:10 or 6:9. If will to insert my understanding on subject as you said previously. Joseph was about to Marry away because He thought that Marry had committed an act of fornication. My (3rd) concern is if I'm not wrong you may have said that when unbelieving Wife or Husband leave the marriage that the believer can remarry 1 Corinthians 7:10-15 with all due respect I don't know where these verses call for remarriage. I really hope that you are not going to this personal for me saying this but I believe that this world is not perfect for many reasons including separations and deaths and many people if not all of us suffer from the consequences of this sinful world.
I again pray that you are not going to take it personal because I really do learn a lot from your teachings. May GOD BLESS YOU

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Shane, you need to read this link:
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=20.0
(It's the link at the top that says "**New Member? Click Here!**")
As stated in the Registration Agreement that everyone electronically signed when creating an account, you must make a post in the Introduce Yourself section of our forum within 48 hours of registering, or you may have your account deleted.

Also, it was not a wise idea to put your email address as your username. That is asking for bots to spam your account.

Let's take care of those problems first, so we can at least discern if you wanted to come here and have discussion and fellowship with us, and then we can address your concerns.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 01:42:04 AM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

shaanphillips@gmail.com

Oh! thank you for bringing that to attention, I didn't not know that my Email was going to displayed for everyone to see.  I also tried as good as I could to change it to something different but I could not fix it. I'm also very sorry that message doesn't make sense in certain parts due to te environment I was writing in AZ nd of course English not being my first language. Thanks
Is it possible for you delete my account on your side? I will appreciate that . Thanks

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I can change it for you, what would you like it to be? If you want me to delete your account, I can, but if you would rather just change the username, I can do that too. Let me know. For now, I'll just change it to shaanphillips to take away the full email address.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I waited a couple of days, but Shane is not responding, and he has not logged back in since. I have no idea what's going on with him; none of this makes sense to me, but, for everyone else, I will address his concerns. I will also go ahead and delete his account as he requested.

My first concern is regarding 1 Corinthians 7:39
Let me quote it:
The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.
-1Co 7:39

(1) I wonder if you took this verse in consideration.
Yes. Like I said at the beginning of the teaching, I have spent years on this subject, and I was a little confused that someone would believe that I had never seen this verse. 1Co 7:39 is true, but, we then have to consider the following verse, which Paul prefaced earlier in the chapter:
But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.
-1Co 7:15

That's the bondage of the law which a husband and wife are naturally bound to when they marry, which, under most circumstances, lasts until one of them dies. However, as I explained in the teaching, under the circumstance that one spouse is born again in Christ, and the other departs due to disagreement with the doctrine and philosophy of Christ, the spouse is not under that bondage anymore, which means they unbelieving can depart, and the believing would be free to a one-time remarriage because God does not protect and defend the wicked; He protects and defends the innocent, and if His child was born again in Christ, He would not give them a burning desire to marriage while torturing them on a daily basis unto temptation.

(2) when reading the Bible it seems like the sin of fornication is attributed to unmarried or single persons and adultery is always attributed to married couples. 1 Corinthians 5:10 or 6:9. If will to insert my understanding on subject as you said previously.
I have no idea what point he's trying to make. I don't know how to answer because I don't know what he's asking.

Joseph was about to Marry away because He thought that Marry had committed an act of fornication.
Mary? I think he's saying Joseph was about to PUT Mary away. But... I don't understand what point he trying to make, and he did not write anything else to explain his second point, so I do not know how to respond.

My (3rd) concern is if I'm not wrong you may have said that when unbelieving Wife or Husband leave the marriage that the believer can remarry 1 Corinthians 7:10-15 with all due respect I don't know where these verses call for remarriage.
Again, this has to do with God not punishing the innocent party. Most marriages that end in divorce are at the fault of both parties, and so neither have any justification to remarry. Those who remarry under unbiblical divorces do commit sin because they are living in adultery. However, in the case of a cheating spouse, or an abusive spouse, or an unbelieving spouse departing, God does not punish the innocent party; they have precedence to remarry because God does not punish the innocent with the guilty, and therefore, it is not fair that one who is faithful to their marriage should be without a spouse to fulfill the desires of the flesh, which God put in them, which is why Paul said "A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace."

I am unsure why so many people think that God is so cruel to the innocent, expect if they are brainwashed by false preachers like Steven Anderson who scream in their ears until they are deaf, and can no longer hear the truth.

I really hope that you are not going to this personal for me saying this but I believe that this world is not perfect for many reasons including separations and deaths and many people if not all of us suffer from the consequences of this sinful world.
Again, I do not know the point he is making here because I do not think he's writing very clearly, but the implication I am getting from what Shane is saying is that this world is full of suffering, so therefore, those who go through a divorce should just suffer. Okay, would you then show me the Scripture that says that if a man is sleeping with other women behind his wife's back that she should just suffer it? Since I am being required to provide Scriptural references for everything I teach, I would like others to do the same.

Look at it this way: Divorce is sin, is it not? Technically, yes, because it is adultery under most circumstances. Theft is also sin. So let's compare. If a thief steals something, that's just the suffering of this world, isn't it? I am ashamed to say that, in my lifetime, I have stolen more than once, and I have had people steal from me as well, so I understand the concept well. However, if the thief is found, what did God do? Did He just tell the innocent to suffer the consequences, or did He allow a way for the innocent party to get restitution? If you search the Scriptures to understand the philosophy (way of thinking) of God, He made a way for the innocent party to get restitution:
If a man shall steal an ox, or a sheep, and kill it, or sell it; he shall restore five oxen for an ox, and four sheep for a sheep.
-Exd 22:1

So, as I pointed out in the teaching, God gives leeway for the innocent, and for the poor, needy, and wronged, that the wicked might receive righteous judgment against their evil deeds. I also pointed out in the teaching that, for example, fornication/adultery outside the marriage is THEFT (which is indicated by the use of the word 'defraud'), and so when that sexual privilege is stolen from one spouse, why should the innocent party not get restitution? Those who believe that divorce is not allowed under ANY circumstances simply do not understand the fulfillment of the law and prophets under the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and they would rather look to the letter of the law than to search the Scriptures thoroughly and have a complete understanding.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
-Gal 5:1

I knew people were going to hate my teaching on the marriage license issue, and some of our listeners did. I knew people were going to hate my teaching on divorce and remarriage as well. That's why I searched these subjects out extremely thoroughly before I started writing on this matter. I am not saying I am the end of all knowledge concerning marriage or divorce in Scripture, but we have to put away all the doctrines were taught by men, and look into Scripture first and foremost to find a proper answer.

So my question returned to Shane would be this: If you are born again in Christ (because I do not know you, so I do not know if you are), then if a man is beating his wife and sending her to the hospital repeatedly, is the will of God that she suffer that?
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
-Ephesians 5:25-29

But if at all possible, the evildoing spouse should turn from their evil ways:
Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
-Eze 33:11