Author Topic: (WEEKLY TEACHING) The Biblical Understanding of Weddings & Marriage p3  (Read 2822 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 457
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
The Biblical Understanding of Weddings & Marriage p3
In part 3, we go over more ridiculous and lewd pagan wedding traditions that churchgoers believe are sacred.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 23
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
Chris said they use seeds to throw  rather then rice for the safety of birds. But yet rice is a grain seed. Just to end this rice kills birds myth, we feed birds all the time ever with rice. We also have to come up with scarecrow to keep birds off rice plantation.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
He didn't say it was for the safety of birds; he said it was BETTER for birds, since seeds are better food for many birds. If you're going to criticise a quote, make sure you quote it right!

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 457
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
No, I said it was for bird safety, but I don't believe anyone was able to conclusively prove that throwing rice was killing birds.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
My apologies. I got mixed up with what was said in the book.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
The first time I got "married" my brother didn't open the sachet of bird seed, he just hit me in the head with the whole thing.
STUPID pagan traditions are EVIL! (Humph.)  >:(
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 23
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
Chris makes a great point when he said it is a day that the woman gets worship. For a man most I have talk to over the years hated everything about marriage tradition. They could not wait to get it over with. When my brother was getting married, they sat there for about 3 hours alone to pick wedding invitations. I walk by laughing at my brother on how bored he was. He ask me to pick one so he can get it over with. I told him who not post invitation on fb save so much time and cost. It was as if I kicked a holy sacred cow,  his wife look at me with anger and said that way is so unpersonal . His wedding at the end was a disaster most of everyone was playing on phone and are grandma went to hospital where she ended up dieing. 

MeganIA

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 30
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Megan
After mine, I felt like it was a waste of money and wished we put it on a house instead. I think that was the beginning of me not liking doing things for the sake of tradition.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.