Author Topic: (BOOK) Wolves in Costume: Kent Hovind  (Read 5936 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 456
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
(BOOK) Wolves in Costume: Kent Hovind
« on: May 29, 2020, 01:39:22 PM »
Wolves in Costume: Kent Hovind

This is my 12-chapter book exposing Kent Hovind as a false teacher. In it, we go over Kent's arrest and trial, pointing out his criminal activity, the associations he has with other wicked preachers, the false gospel he teaches, his three wives (divorced to one, and currently, as of 2020, married to two), the horrible way he treats his staff and supporters, the lack of concern for the health and safety of those around him, how he lies and steals from donors, and many other false doctrines he teaches.

Please keep in mind, there may be a few inconsistencies in this book since I had to go back and rewrite certain sections of it during my research as new information became available. If you find any such inconsistency, please let me know so I can look over it and address any errors.

I will be doing a full-length teaching (which will take a number of months worth of audio teachings) on this subject in the future, although it may be some time before I can get around to it. In the meantime, I may do small updates to this expose as new information comes out.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 23
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
Re: (BOOK) Wolves in Costume: Kent Hovind
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 05:15:35 PM »
A few weeks ago Kent put out a video that he is the one who brought Jeff dahmer to christ. So I look up the interview with Jeff and his dad and no where did Jeff say he seen Kents videos that I can find. Now he do say he read a lot of books on creation. If you go watch the video on Kents chanel you will notice that it is not about Jeff coming to christ but rather propaganda. Most of the video they talk about Kent court case.

Many years ago I was on Kents side, but hearing what happened to him in court and his jail sentence, it was hard for me to believe what Kent say happen. I for one been in court so many times that the judge made me go last as a side punishment. But for kent being a high profile case do to his fame a judge just won't say what Kent say he say. Maybe did but Kent won't release the court transcript

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 05:43:34 PM »
It's not about Kent releasing the transcript; that's public record. I have references and quotes in the book that will allow you to research more for yourself.

Dahmer's father contacted Kent and confirmed that it was Kent's videos that he watched.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 05:21:13 PM »
I just did an update on this for chapter 6, in which another man has come forward with his testimony about when he was on property at the time the seven-year-old boy drowned at Dinosaur Adventure Land. He talks about how Kent lied about what actually happened, how another boy almost drowned at the same time, how no safety precautions were taken whatsoever, and that while the volunteers and family were grieving over the loss of their son at the hospital, Kent was glad handing ER patients and passing out flier advertisements to visit DAL.

He had no grief at all for the loss of the boy, which is why the father of the boy packed up his family and left first thing the next morning. He also testified that security cameras have been install at DAL in recent days, but the problem is that they are NOT used to monitor the safety of DAL activities, but rather, they are positioned to monitor the DAL residents, so Kent can keep an eye on everything they are saying and doing, to make sure everyone obeys his commands.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 11:16:03 PM »
I haven't gotten that far in the book yet (I AM still reading/proofreading it) but that is absolutely sickening. How can such a cold, heartless person even THINK that he is of Christ?!

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 11:32:15 PM »
I just read the part in Chapter 4 where you mention the video of Jo advertising The Drowsy Poet coffee shop. This article references that video, though the YouTube channel that is was on has been terminated.

I thought you might find the info in the article useful, though, as it documents the relationship between Jo, Eric and the business.

http://kehvrlb.com/coffee-what-does-coffee-have-to-do-with-it

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 12:15:02 AM »
KENT: "Just one more thought there. All through the Bible, you read the phrase 'feared the people'. I bet it's in there 20 or 30 times."

Actually, it is six. Once in the OT, and 5 in the NT.
Kent's irresponsible and  sloppy use of scripture to attempt to support his sin is just sickening

1 Samuel 15:24 KJV  And Saul said unto Samuel, I have sinned: for I have transgressed the commandment of the LORD, and thy words: because I feared the people, and obeyed their voice.

Mark 11:32 KJV  But if we shall say, Of men; they feared the people: for all men counted John, that he was a prophet indeed.

Mark 12:12 KJV  And they sought to lay hold on him, but feared the people: for they knew that he had spoken the parable against them: and they left him, and went their way.

Luke 20:19 KJV  And the chief priests and the scribes the same hour sought to lay hands on him; and they feared the people: for they perceived that he had spoken this parable against them.

Luke 22:2 KJV  And the chief priests and scribes sought how they might kill him; for they feared the people.

Acts 5:26 KJV  Then went the captain with the officers, and brought them without violence: for they feared the people, lest they should have been stoned.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 11:19:59 PM »
They've got all the ministry records, and all the for-profit records. So, there are many things they could do to manipulate Kent, to catch him, [unintelligable], in acts that we all know he's doing."
That unintelligible word is "personally".
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2020, 12:31:17 AM »
They've got all the ministry records, and all the for-profit records. So, there are many things they could do to manipulate Kent, to catch him, [unintelligable], in acts that we all know he's doing."

Where, exactly, is that found, Kenneth?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 01:04:48 AM by Jeanne »

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2020, 08:20:29 AM »

Where, exactly, is that found, Kenneth?

At the 12:27 mark in this video:
https://youtu.be/cpsZ9Zwe3Bw

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2020, 04:21:46 PM »
I meant where in the book? If Chris needs to correct it, then he needs to know where to find it. Or was that in the book?

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2020, 05:16:21 PM »
I already took care of it.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2020, 05:27:37 PM »
"I said, 'Why did you rush me off the property like that?' And he [Lt. Henry Jones] said I could quote him. He said, 'Because they could have had us disappear. They had enough witnesses to say we were never there. I was afraid for my safety, the safety of my deputy, and for your safety. So for the safety of everybody there, we had to rush you off the property. We could care less about the law at that moment.'."

WOW!
Did I understand that correctly?
That Sheriff's Lt. was actually afraid that he and his fellow officer, along with Deborah, could be murdered and their bodies disposed of by the DAL staff?

This whole thing has been dark, but THAT changes everything.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2020, 07:08:25 PM »
If you keep reading, you will see that I contacted the sheriff's office, and spoke with Jones, and he said he doesn't allow anyone to quote him. I was simply including her testimony, but could not verify it.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2020, 07:20:44 PM »
If you keep reading, you will see that I contacted the sheriff's office, and spoke with Jones, and he said he doesn't allow anyone to quote him. I was simply including her testimony, but could not verify it.
Yes, I saw that.

Nonetheless, Deborah seems to generally be an honest person, and to actually fabricate something like that (ie, put words into the mouth of an authority figure) would be inconsistent with that rest of her testimony from what I've seen so far.

This is starting to look more like a story out of a Stephen King novel than a Christian ministry. (Yes, to my shame, I used to read Stephen King.)

Shannon

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 14
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Shannon
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2020, 09:55:27 AM »
From Chapter 7: Kent endorses the book "The Shack":

Kent: I've read it eight times. It is one of the best books I have ever read in my life. It is phenomenal! A couple of theological things I don't agree with, but all in all, it is just incredible. I learned years ago how to eat the meat and spit out the bones. If you don't learn how to do that, you're gonna' choke on something

The Shack: I don't need to punish people for sin... It's not my purpose to punish it;
-William P. Young, The Shack, Windblown Media, 2008, p. 120, ISBN: 9780964729292

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. -Romans 6:23

There were several quotes included in the book that were so far from the truth of the Bible it is hard to see how any "pastor" could recommend "The Shack".

I had never heard of the book "The Shack" (published in 2007) until the movie came out in 2017. At that time I remember one of my small group leaders at my previous church claiming that the book helped him understand the Godhead and overall said it strengthen his faith.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. -2 Timothy 4:3-4

It is no wonder that the book has sold over 23 million copies and spent 147 weeks on the bestseller list, as it gives a Christian universalism message that all will be saved.

So-called Christian universalism, which Paul Young did embrace, insists that all must come to God through Jesus Christ either before they die or after they die. If people do not believe in Jesus before they die, God will use the fires of hell to purge away (not punish) the unbelief of all, even that of the devil and fallen angels, so that hell is finally emptied of all beings and all go to heaven. In others words, after people die, they have a second chance to repent of their sins--actually not just a chance to repent but a certainty that they will. The point is that in the end hell ceases to exist. There is no eternal judgment. This is the form of universalism embedded in The Shack. -James B. DeYoung