Author Topic: Pope drops title  (Read 2199 times)

MeganIA

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 30
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Megan
  • Belief: Christian
Pope drops title
« on: April 08, 2020, 08:18:46 AM »
The latest Vatican yearbook was missing the title "Vicar of Christ" for the pope and also just gave his real name. There is no explanation on it; however, theories from others are that he has submitted "his power" to someone or something. I don't know if this means anything but I thought it interesting as this title was one of the most blasphemous of the titles popes have used. Any ex-catholics think this is odd? I'm not familiar with this yearbook. Link below to article.

https://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=45849
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
Re: Pope drops title
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 08:52:49 AM »
They have yearbooks??? :-\

The article mentioned something about other titles being dropped as well to improve their relations with ecumenical churches. I wonder if they are doing this for the same reason to make the Catholic church more acceptable for everyone else. Either way it is strange.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 457
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 09:50:47 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but nothing in the article says he renounced these offices. Dropping the title is almost no different than a doctor telling his patient to call him "Bob" instead of "Dr. Smith." The only difference I see is that this dropping of title is deceptive, and that deception is an effort to draw in ecumenical denominations to come back to their mother, Rome.
Denominations Are Unbiblical
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

MeganIA

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 30
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Megan
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 10:17:40 AM »
True, there wasn't an explanation or renouncement of the title. Based on the dropping of other titles for ecumenical reasons, this could be for the same thing.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 11:56:38 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but nothing in the article says he renounced these offices.

I read through it too quickly. Youre right.